In a message dated 12/1/2005 3:09:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
What I was trying to say was that the way it was presented here,
shooting JPEG would be like using old MacOS, and RAW like using a purely
command line based Unix system. I want to have the GUI *and* the command
line available, like on the current MacOS (or SGI Irix, or modern Linux
systems...)

- Toralf
To me shooting JPEGs is like shooting negative film and shooting RAW is like
shooting positive film. When I shot film I switched to shooting slides because
it gave me more control over the colors and how everything turned out. It
involved less (or no) interpretation by a some worker at a some photo lab.

Some of us like more control -- even with more work.

Control freaks are us.

Marnie aka Doe ;-)