Frank, I think you are a hopeless romantic, just like me, rambling on about
the old days. The good old days when people died struggling ;-)

Besides being interesting, you post told me that the message in the picture
got thru. Evoking a long comment is a good thing.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)