Since I'm from Missouri, I'll mention a couple of my favorite "local"
breweries.  The St. Louis Brewery in, er, St. Louis brews a wide
selection of very good beer under the Schlafly name.  Around the St.
Louis area their pale ale is very popular.  I prefer the Summer Kolsch
or the Pilsner.  Anyway, over the last few years the St. Louis Brewery
has graduated to the status of small regional brewer.  I've seen their
offerings as far east as Ohio.  They are NOT affiliated with AB.  With
any luck I'll have a case to bring to GFM.

About halfway across the state in Columbia, MO, is a small
brewery/restaurant/bar called Flat Branch.  It's in an old factory on
Fifth street.  I can't recommend these guys highly enough.  During the
winter they brew the Old Cave Dweller's Barley Wine.  No hops.  It's
thick, sweet, and goes down wonderfully on a cold day.  Their Oil
Change Stout puts Guinness to shame.  If any of you happen by, try the
Flat Branch Burger.  It's covered in a spinach-artichoke dip and
served with mashed potatoes.  Plus, they're in a college town, so
there's plenty of eye-candy, too.  <vbg>

I'm booking my plane ticket back home now.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com

--
"You have to hold the button down" -Arnold Newman