On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:51:06 +0100, Gonz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

use such lenses, which should be in your user's manual. Sigma lenses made for pentax should also work. Canon lenses will not work however.

The catch is 'made for pentax' or 'K-mount'. Lens makers like Sigma,
Tamron, Tokina, Vivitar and many others make lenses with several different
mounts. Make sure you get one for Pentax, and not, for instance, for Canon
EOS.

Lens makers that have their own bodies (and own mounts), like Canon,
Nikon, Olympus, Minolta don't make lenses that fit Pentax, as far as I
know.

Hope this helps,
Regards, Lucas

Sunny Chung wrote:
Hi I just recently bought a ist* DL and have been using it for a
couple months...
Although now I wish I had the DS2, but it wasn't out then.
Anyway, I'm interested in buying a fast 50mm fixed lens, but I'm not
sure which ones are compatible.
I don't know what all the letters in front of the lens names mean and
which ones will work with mine.
I read something about apature rings being set to 'A' but could not
fully comprehend it.
Also I was wondering if other brands like sigma or even canon lenses
were compatible with
my ist* DL.  Any information would help me a great deal, thanks.  I
hope this is the way this digest
works, because I just signed up and have no clue how things run around here.
 -Sunny

--
Regards, Lucas