Marnie,

I still have NOOOO clue what the problem is / was... but now I'm on my
wife's laptop and I'm getting the same clear skies that everyone else is,
so thats some relief (thanks for checking, by the way) ... but it still
occurs on the other two screens, which is absolutely bizarre!

> I've double-checked that I do
> not have it set to compress graphics
> (you might double-check yours).

I doubt it... but I'll certainly check it out in the a.m. Since it's so
selective, I suspect it has something to do with how I'm saving (or
editing? or scanning?) the files... but I haven't pinpointed anything yet.

> I keep wondering if it has something to do with caching,
> but not sure.

I doubt it. I cleared cache and also restarted for good measure. Still I
get the blue bands on the other two computers. <sigh>. Anyhow, thanks
again. I'm sure we'll figure it in due time.

         - Jerome