Glen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I had one photographer tease me about looking at my LCD after taking some
>shots, but I don't consider what I did any different than a first-rate
>advertising photographer shooting and inspecting a Polaroid preview image.
>Some of the biggest names in the business shot Polaroid tests. In fact, it
>was a mark of professionals, not amateurs.
>
>This particular photographer asked me what I would have done if I had been
>shooting with my film camera. I said "I would have worried more about
>whether I got the exact shot I wanted, had it been film. With digital, I
>can know exactly when I have the shot I want and move on to something else.
>It actually makes more efficient use of my time, to look at the capture."
>
>I don't consider what I do to be "chimping", as defined by that very fun
>little video clip. As for the other photographer, I saw some of his shots
>later. I think he should have checked his LCD more often.  ;)

Good points, all.

I also have a problem with these web pages and video clips of
photographers "chimping" because there's no way of telling if that's
what the people pictured are actually doing: They could just as easily
be viewing their histogram displays or changing camera settings via a
menu system.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing