"William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>AA's process of going from scene to print
>was complicated enough that anyone wanting to "copy" his work (in the
>context of the original post) is going to show a lot of creative work to get
>anywhere near what AA was doing.

BTW: In his will, Ansel Adams specifically stated that the university to
which he was bequeathing his negatives *must* permit students to make
prints from them. I really like that attitude. He didn't want his stuff
locked away in a vault, but wanted to see it used further the education
of future generations of photographers.
(I suspect he also wanted them to find out there's a lot more to making
a fine photo graph than getting your tripod feet set up in the right
holes!)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing