----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 7:25 PM
Subject: RE: PESO: Velvia example for Kostas

OKAY! So there is someone else color challenged.

Personally, I think anyone liking ProviaF to be color challenged. In my color vision that film is truly bizarre. I find Velvia saturated but accurate in the way that it doesn't display colors that wasn't there. Kodachrome is also weird but I eventually learned to believe that the world was supposed to look Kodachrome-like after being exposed to it for years through the printed media. I just don't buy that argument that Velvia is different from other films in picturing "reality". It is a matter of taste.

Galen Rowell:
"The truth is that a film can no more match the way our visual system constructs color than a silicon chip can match the way our carbon-based brain cells construct consciousness."

Pål