I don't think he was a pompous twit. I think he was a darn fine photographer with a unique vision and style. Someone not easy to dismiss and someone who
will be long remembered by many people.

I don't understand why anyone would find him pompous, let alone a twit. I admit to never having met the guy, but he certainly didn't cloud his photography with philosophical new age mumbo jumbo and mysticism as often seen when other, less talented (outdoor)photographers trying to explain their "art". Rowell based his vision of sound scientific facts and he basically tried to make pleasing and effective images with no mysteries involved.

Pål