Of course there are times when mirror lock-up is needed. Whether its a bigger problem in MF than 35mm I'm nor really sure. I've had few problems with mirror vibrations on my hasselblad. The thing with mirror vibrations is the the relative weight of the mirror vs the body and the eigen /own) frequency of the body. I've at times thought to use seismometers to measure the vibratins from different cameras - being a seismologist. These instruments can measure the exact frequencies of the vibrations and one could have a deterministic measured value and not just guesses which are based on how solid/loosely camrea is fixed to tripod or hand. Maybe I'll make a test within the next few weeks of this?

Cheers,

Ronald

Pål Jensen wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dario Bonazza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

No it doesn't, and the 645N demonstrated that there is no difference between using the MLU or not using it with a well damped mirror like the one of the 645. MLU on the 645N was only added for marketing reasons, since so many asked for it.

I disagree. There are several instances when you cannot put a camera on a ideal surface where the small difference with or without mirror lock actually makes a difference. However, for ordinary shooting condition the lack of mirror lock is a non-issue. The mirror pre-fire function is also nice elimination the need for a remote release.

Pål