On 20 Dec 2005 at 15:05, Tom C wrote:

> I'm actually learning quite a lot at a hell of a price!

Truthfully it's a bitch of a subject, there is so much misinformation to be
found on the web and in other publications that nutting it out from a practical
perspective is likely the best way to really understand it.

For instance do you really know what the Gamma control in PS does and how it
may affect the validity of the current profile loaded for your monitor? How all
these colour management elements interact and how the applications use this
information is difficult to fully appreciate.

Talking of price these days I consider my hardware calibration tool some of my
most wisely spent photo equipment expenditure.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998