At 01:31 AM 12/27/2005, you wrote:

Hi all,

I sold an ME Super and a P30 body to a man in Mumbai and posted them the day after I got the PayPal advice. They disappeared -- in Mumbai -- and he never got them. He complained to PayPal, blaming me -- the implication being I had never sent the package. Because of the arbitrary way PayPal often handle these matters I sent him another camera by registered post, this time with a zoom lens, as compensation. Registered priority postage cost me £30. After weeks and weeks he finally managed to find the package in the Post Office warehouse in Mumbai and had to pay a total of 2376 Rupees which included a substantial bribe, to get the camera. We have exchanged about twenty emails since October. After some time he retracted his complaint to PayPal after realizing the fault lay with the Mumbai Post Office and not me. But that doesn't help me get any of the money back. Here's his latest letter -- received a few minutes ago:

I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay and I've found that I have to be very picky about which countries I will sell to. I restrict my sales to the USA, Canada, Europe and Australia just because of situations like this and the fact that some countries would require me to have a license. The other option is to have them find a person in the USA who will accept the package from you and take the responsibility of getting it to them. I had a sale to the Philippines where the person did that.

Gary J Sibio
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.earthlink.net/~garysibio

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary numbers and those who do not.