Scoot,

I guess you can call it "magic glass" but the SMC-K 105mm f/2.8 is definitely
a better performer than the SMC-M 100mm f/2.8; this is not to say that
the M 100/2.8 is a poor performer by any standards.

I have owned both and the K 105/2.8 produced much sharper images with
excellent bokeh.  I guess the high price is because the K 105/2.8 rarely
shows up on eBay or camera stores very much...

Regards,

--
Jose R. Rodriguez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]