Cotty wrote:

> 6. Tried some old manual lenses on, icluding Tokina 17 3.5 and worked
> okay - after I took it out of AF- S mode and left it in continuous. I
> don't believe in single anything. No green buttons, it just works.
> (Already upped the firmware to 2.0)

For many years I was regretting that my Pentax camera did not have
a continuous focusing capability.

[lyrical digression = ON]

In 1997 I was looking at Nikon N70 and N90 (aka F90 outside of the US).
(I had a manual body - Kiev 19 that had N-mount).
I shot a roll of film with each of them around the local photo store
that allowed me doing that. I liked Nikon's AF.
I didn't like N70's ergonomics, and couldn't afford N90 at that point.
Then I saw description of the ZX-5n and some praises to its
ergonomics and qualities, and bought it from from
B&H or Adorama, even without trying.
I loved its ergonomics. It was so close to what I used to -
the manual SLR camera - where I could set the shutter and aperture
blindfolded. The only thing that made me sad is the absence of continuous
AF. I didn't know that it wouldn't be there..
I've used ZX-5n for several years, and really liked it.
There a few times I wished I had a C-AF (e.g. when shooting dancers).
... But I learned how to work with a single-AF in a variety of situations.

In 2004-2005, while considering a digital camera, I was glad that
finally, *ist D had the continous focus. I was thinking about switching
to D-70, but my existing Pentax-dedicated gear was a big factor to stay
with Pentax. I was really disappointed to find out that DS that I
finally decided on, - again, didn't have C-AF.
Nevertheless, I purchased it in June 2005 (as I had an event where
I needed it). I was rather pissed when shortly after that DS2
came out with the C-AF.

[lyrical digression = OFF]

Earlier this month I was glad to read that the firmware upgrade
finally included the C-AF. So, I upgraded the firmware, and
had an occasion soon after (some variety on stage performance) where
I could use that. What I found is that I am so much used to S-AF,
that I prefered it even when I was shooting dancers.
(Well, it was a bit dark there, and the C-AF was not keeping up..).
I am going to try C-AF again, but so far, I haven't used it...

Igor