So far my experience with the Russian stuff has been that
the optics are consistent, it's the mechanics that vary
wildly in quality from one sample to the next.
The other issue is that the glass is very, very soft.
Most are scratched when I get them, the ones that aren't
I have to be very careful with.
A really scratched up 58 makes a cool soft focus lens
though! Sandblaster anyone? ;-)

Don