On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 01:47:03PM +1000, Rob Studdert wrote:
> On 4 Jan 2006 at 18:33, Shel Belinkoff wrote:
>
> > A lot of us, and a lot of people outside the online world, don't have an
> > investment if CF cards, and some even have a few SD cards.  No matter what
> > choice is made, someone, somewhere, will be unhappy.  Technology moves on
> > ... when cameras changed to being more electronic and automatic, those that
> > adapted to, and adopted, the change, often urged those of us who didn't to
> > move with the flow and accept the change.  I urge you to do likewise, Rob
> > ... SD cards are the future <LOL>
>
> Um, I have SD cards for a variety of other devices, I don't like them, they
> aren't necessary, they don't offer significant enough advantage to cause me
> wish to hit my CF cards with a hammer and more on ... nor do they fit in a 5D.

Well, I reckon that in a couple of years it won't be a big deal.

I've recently replaced my microdrives with twice as much CF memory,
which cost me half as much (i.e. cost per GB decreased by a more than
a factor of four since the D was released, and that's without taking
into consideration the price advantage of microdrives over CF cards).

By the time any D successor has been on the streets for three months or
so (this time I'll try to wait for the initial price drop) I'll probably
be able to replace all my existing memory for maybe $100, should it prove
necessary (although I expect at least the next camera to take CF cards).