"Perp?"  You're watching too many crime shows on TV.

If the police thought he was guilty, if they had enough evidence against
him, why was he not charged?

You say that you "don't believe we are talking about taking pictures in the
bathtub or a group of shirtless  4-year-olds playing in a splash pool.."
Well, what do you believe he allegedly did?  Tell us specifically what he
did.  You can't, because you don't know.  You can only assume things based
on vague information provided by Kevin.  What you "believe" has nothing to
do with justice and fairness, guilt or innocence.   Your beliefs have
nothing to do with the facts of the situation.

Shel