The holder I have that came with the Scan Dual IV has the ~load to here~ mark about 1/4 inch past the first negative frame. That puts it about 2 1/4 inches from the end of the holder.

HTH

        -P

Jon Paul Schelter wrote:
Does anyone out there own a Minolta Scan Dual II (or III or IV, for that matter)?

I bought one a while back, to digitize my APS film.. worked great for that.

I just got back from a diving trip, and we picked up a cheap 35mm re-usable dive camera. I can't seem to get the scanner to load the 35mm tray. The scanning software keeps complaining about the film strip holder not being in its proper place. How far do you push this thing in? The manual describes a film holder that is slightly different from the one I have.. min is side hinged, and is missing a "load to here" mark.

(got the scanner off ebay, a couple years ago. was I given the wrong film holder?)

Help!?