Castration, chemical or otherwise, does not guarantee any type of prevention. But the tremendous reduction in testosterone is believed to help the offender control the impulses greatly.

Tom C wrote:
When you get right down to it... does any kind of castration guarantee that the offender won't re-offend? I didn't think it was the parts removed during castration that was necessarially the offending organ... or is there something basic in this regard that I have yet to learn?

Tom C.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well, there is chemical castration. Which I guess works to some degree.

Marnie aka Doe

--
Someone handed me a picture and said, "This is a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. "...Here's a picture of me when I'm older." Where'd you get that camera man?
- Mitch Hedberg