From: frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Vigilant or Bloody Minded
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:57:15 -0500

On 1/11/06, Bob W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> unfortunately, taking people's time away from them is also permanent, but as > you say, it's not a perfect system and we have to choose the least of many
> evils.

I agree.  Not that I want to fan the flames any further, but to me, an
innocent person sitting in jail for ~any~ length of time is as serious
a crime as any crime perpetrated by an individual.  It's a crime in
which we are all complicit, and for which we all bear some
responsibility.

To expand on a point that I made in an earlier post, while any portion
stolen from an individual's life can't be fully repaid, at least some
efforts can be made at restitution or compensation they won't replace
that lost time, but, as you said, perhaps it's the least of many
possible evils...

cheers,
frank