No experience to offer with this scanner in particular, but you didn't
mention the brand of scanner software. You may want to try VueScan if you're
not using that already (http://www.hamrick.com/). You can download and test
drive it for free.

I wasn't having much success with my Minolta 5400's bundled software, but
VueScan was a worthwhile upgrade in my case.

Something else to consider is the amount of RAM it may take to perform the
"post-processing" for a MF frame. Are you simply running low on RAM and the
software has stupid error messages? (Wouldn't be the first time...)

Tim