Getting back to the original thread:

Artur wrote:

> I heard that 28-200 is actually made by Tamron
> and the quality of this lens
> is very poor.

What exactly do you think is wrong with this lens?  The Tamron 28-200 has
been praised by many photography magazines and the Pentax version has the
advantage of an SMC coating.  I have a Pentax FA 28-200 and I am very happy
with slides I have taken with it.  I also owned the original Tamron 28-200
but sold it to buy the Pentax version (which is actually the second
generation Tamron Super) mainly because of the better close focus distance.
To my satisfaction I also found that edge distortion was less in the newer
lens.

Nenad Djurdjevic
Perth, Western Australia