I bought Tamron 28-200 LD II Super (or smth like that). It works really
fine, but I noticed quite significant vingetting at 28mm wide open. I've
not tried it without lens hood yet, maybe the problem is there. One thing I
don't like the most is very short move of the focus ring, when shooting in
MF mode.

Atvars, starts looking to primes... Unfortunately I looked at those
portraits
(http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~azuma/html/camera/lenses_test/001123/wakana.html),

I'm lost - I want FA* 85mm 1.4 :)