Some months ago I asked to the list for uses of a
backup body. I got several responses (thank you) and,
logically, the most repeated was the obvious meaning
of backup 'to be used when the main body is broken'.

This was the less important aspect for me then
(actually, I wanted to ask for second body instead of
backup body, with your answers I realised that it is
not exactly the same).

But now, my MZ-5n is in the official service 'accused'
of causing film scratches.
Yesterday I was told that they are waiting for a spare
part and that, of course (*) I won't have it repaired
until september.
(*) Spain is literally closed in August. Everybody is
in vacations (including me :-)  )

Conclusion: 'MZ-M warm up, you are going to play the
second half'  :-)

Now I know how important is to have backup body, happy
to receive all your set of lenses (in my case even
battery grip and cable switch).
Otherwise, my participation of the next 8-10 PUGs
would be threatened !! (no Pentax equipment for my
vacation trip) :-)

Jaume