Bob Shell wrote:

On Jan 18, 2006, at 7:46 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:

It's true. If you shoot B&W you're probably OK, but if you're into color digital is probably in your future whether you like it or not and sooner
than you think.

Right. Black and white film is relatively easy to make. Color film requires one of the most complex chemical manufacturing processes ever developed. I don't give color film a long lifespan at all. My personal predictions: color transparency film will be gone in five years or less. Color negative film, maybe seven or eight years. Black and white film, 20 years or more.

Bob

B&W in some form will be around forever. Colour is on life support even now.

-Adam