On 1/18/06, Don Sanderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Now that sounds like fun!
> And the baking soda?
>
> Don

Sorry.  The baking soda is used to control the pH.  Coffee is acidic.
>From what I've read, pH 9 is about right.  In practice, and this is
tedious, add some baking soda, develop, rinse, fix, rinse, repeat
until you get it right.  Of course, the coffee needs to be consistent,
and my coffee is never the same.  But if you're looking for precision
development you should probably not be using coffee and baking soda.

Alternately, you can bump up the temperature to somewhere between 80
and 90F, and develop for about 30 minutes.  Give or take.  I've never
tried this, but the results are supposed to be more 'standard'.  Once
again, why use coffee?

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com

--
"You have to hold the button down" -Arnold Newman