Silver nitrate is still used in medicine as an antibiotic. Too much will kill your septic system.
(This should be ambiguous enough).

Mark Roberts wrote:

Bob Shell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 18, 2006, at 7:46 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:

It's true. If you shoot B&W you're probably OK, but if you're into color digital is probably in your future whether you like it or not and sooner than you think.
Right. Black and white film is relatively easy to make. Color film requires one of the most complex chemical manufacturing processes ever developed.

Not to mention the complexity of processing color film. (I also
understand that the chemistry for color processing is much more toxic to
the environment than B&W chemistry.)

I don't give color film a long lifespan at all. My personal predictions: color transparency film will be gone in five years or less. Color negative film, maybe seven or eight years. Black and white film, 20 years or more.

Sounds about right.

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).