On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:30:51 +0100, Kostas Kavoussanakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, John Forbes wrote:

As for the rest, I think you underestimate the power of your own voice. The person who started this thread said he had read that Pentax was in financial difficulties. How many other people have read one of Herb's posts and believed it? According to Herb's prognostications, Pentax went bust six months ago.

Let me tried to understand this: is the imaging division of Pentax now making profit? That's the one Herb was saying was a loss-maker. He always said that the company, as a whole, was making money.

According to their latest report (2005.11.09: Interim Report on Settlement of Accounts ( Consolidated ) for Business Year Ending March 31, 2006), the imaging division made an operating loss.

The company as a whole is profitable.

Hope this helps,
--
Regards, Lucas