On 24 Jan 2006 at 22:36, John Forbes wrote:

> There is no dispute that Pentax has been slow to produce a high-spec
> DSLR.  However, following the disaster of the MZ-D, they have not had
> unlimited resources to put into further bodies.  Rightly or wrongly, they
> are now being more cautious.

This reply has to be made publicly. Why would you say such a thing knowing full
well Pentax is off on a tangent pouring funds into a digital 645 body which
will be extremely costly to develop and have very limited appeal and
marketability? I'd hardly call that cautious. And all the while they are
loosing people who require higher spec bodies to Canon and Nikon. :-(

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998