> I finally got around to fitting my Ref Con A to several Pentax bodies around
> my house.

> The Ref Con A fits the following - SF!, PZ1, PZ1P, MZ-S &  *ist D.

Yes, indeed.

It seems as if there are two sizes of finder window frames in
use on Pentax SLR's, with corresponding sets of finder accessories.

Starting with the ME and the MX in the late 1970's, all Pentax SLR's have
used one size of finder frame.  Before that, all the screwmounts (from the
original AP on up, but not including the Asahiflexes) and the first K-mount
bodies (KX, K1000, and K2, etc.) used a somewhat larger finder frame.

So, the newer Refconverter-M and Refconverter-A fit all bodies starting
with the ME, the MX, the LX, etc., while the original Refconverter and
Refconverter-II fit the K-series bodies and all of the M42 screwmounts.

And, as discussed here as well, the Olympus Varimagni right-angle finder
also (reasonably well) fits the newer (i.e., ME, MX, and newer) bodies.

Fred