Gary has a great idea with the GPS data.  I'm working with my students
to learn how to use GPS data to mark points and trails on maps that they
can print out and use.  We're also learning how to use data that exsists
on the internet (such as census data, road maps, topographical maps,
etc) to map something out to prove a point, or describe conditions we
want described.  With GPS coordinates, and the knowledge of how to use a
GIS system you can map just about ANYTHING including good photo spots.

Illinois Bill