On 1/26/06, Peter Loveday <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Went to an auction a couple of days ago (deceased estate stuff), with t
>     MX Body
>     M 50/1.7 Lens
>     Takumar Bayonet 28/2.8 Lens
>     Kodak Retinette 1A
>     Jelco V-8III 8mm movie camera
>     3 Flash guns; one hammerhead style GN48(m)
>     Tripod
> All in ex condition; A$65 for the lot.  Pretty happy with that.

Dayum! You win!
The takumar bayonet 28/2.8 is the same as an M28/2.8 without the SMC
coatings. I've taken some great pictures with mine.

> The MX meter appears to be working okay; any other MX problems I should be
> aware of?

If it's been sitting a while, sticky shutter on the low speeds,
sticking self-timer. A CLA will solve both problems, and probably give
you a VERY nice camera to be using.

> It even has a film in... not sure if I dare process it :)

Heh, where's your sense of adventure? :-)

-Mat