>> I wonder if it'll put too much strain on an LX+winder tripod-mounted...
>> Guess I'll find out in a week or two when it arrives! :)

> When using it on a tripod, I would use the LX without the winder. It's a
> more secure connection and less lever length to stress the connection. I
> once mistakenly attached my LX, motor drive and A400/5.6 to a tripod
> using the tripod mount in the motor drive rather than the lens' mount. (A
> case of brain fade.) The weight of the lens ripped the motor drive apart.

I'd recommend what Paul has suggested, Jon.  While both the weight (maybe
2/3) and the length (maybe 1/2) of the M* 300/4 are less, compared with the
A 400/5.6, it would still be a pretty big source of torque on the winder.
While it may not actually rip apart the winder, it certainly would be
stressing the winder's rigidity, maybe pushing it to where you might have a
rather unstable setup for shooting at 300mm FL.  OTOH, the LX with just the
300/4 is "no big deal" (it's front-heavy, of course, but I've done that
before with no apparent problems).

Fred