If you have your heart set on starting a new hobby of web site design,
you've received some good advice in the other messages.

Frankly, I think you'll do better saving that time for your photography.

Smugmug offers a bit of the best of both worlds.  You can let them do
99 per cent of the work, and do a bit of customization yourself.

The main site is at <http://www.smugmug.com>  take the tour, then
check out the new help files.

The support site is at <http://www.dgrin.com>

Some of the key people have blogs at <http://blogs.smugmug.com>

Customer service is great.  Their goal is 4 hour response to an
emailed question.  I've never waited more than an hour.

At the pro level you can use your own domain name.

I'll warn you ahead of time, to take advantage of all of the
customization options and set your own prices on your work, you'll
need to join at the Pro level.  That amounts to about $15 (US) per
month, but you'll need to pay for a full year in advance.

Use this referral code: de1Hg7l4vbFRM for a discount on the first
year's fee.  It's only fair that you know that if you use the referral
code for a discount, I also receive a referral credit.

See you later, gs
<http://georgesphotos.net>