On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Charles Wilson wrote:

Dear All,

I have just been reading Bryan Peterson's recent book Understanding Digital Photography. It is an excellent read and I would highly recommend it. In one part of his book he recommends setting the white balance on the camera to cloudy +3 . His reasoning for this is it gives his pictures a lot more warmth and its like shooting Kodak E100Vs in the fact it gives a lot of saturation.

His chapter certainly got me thinking and i thought I might give it a go with my ist D. But I would be interested on other members of the group opinion on this and to know if anyone has tried it.

If you're going to be shooting anything where you may be trying to edit the color balance, you should really consider shooting RAW. There is no such thing as setting white balance at the time of the shot if you're shooting raw... it's all done later without loss of information.

-Cory