In a message dated 7/29/01 11:08:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< What I was calling "fuzzy" was not the build of a "pro" camera.
 What's _fuzzy_ are the boundaries of "who counts as a pro" or "what kinds of
pro do we mean" when we discuss "cameras used by profesionals". >>

"Professional" (in photography) means: a person who takes photographs,
usually for hire: a person who claims photography as their profession and
main source of income: a person who earns a living from taking photographs,
usually a person who is self-employed (free lance) or works for wages at a
studio, advertising agency or publication.
What's so "fuzzy" about that?

Because list members choose to vacillate about ~who~ meets the above
criteria, won't change the meaning of the word or who the "pros" really are.
You either meet one of the criteria above or you're a "hobbyist" or "serious"
photographer: see: amateur.