[Original Message]
From: Gonz

My youngest, she loves drama and this was her chance to act out a little in front of the camera. I didnt make it entirely Black and White. Trying to get an "old" portrait look. Do I need to desaturate more?

http://www.g0nz.com/4imgs/data/media/1/anframe.jpg

Comments, critiques, etc. welcome.

I agree with Shel about the reddish tone. Before I opened the picture, I was rather expecting something more like sepia. Yellowish-brownish, rather than reddish.
I trimmed the rest of Shel's comments 'cause I didn't agree about the blur.
Incidentally, when I attempt "soft" for a portrait (not very often, lately) I use an old UV filter which I've sprayed lightly with matte spray. Don't know if that would give you results you'd like.

ERN