Fra: Fred [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 6. februar 2006 22:23
Til: Jens Bladt
Emne: Re: SMC Pentax-A 3.5 35-135mm - comments, please

> Rather rare, isn't it?

No, I wouldn't say it's rare.  I think it's a little more commonly seen
than its sibling, the A 28-135/4.

> Any comments on the performance of this lens is greatly appreciated,
> please.

The A 35-105/3.5 is an excellent zoom, highly regarded here on the PDML.
Its build quality is high (which, of course, means that it's a heavy lens).
It is sharp and contrasty, as zoom lenses go.  It's so-called "macro"
unction is nothing to write home about, though (as in most so-called "macro
zooms").

I actually prefer the slightly greater versatility (a bit wider zoom range)
of the A 28-135/4, and I no longer have either of my A 35-105/3.5's (I did
have two of them at one time).

> It's a very nice focal length for portraits on the D, isn't it
> (equivalent to 52-202mm on 135 film)?

It ought to do very nicely on a Pentax DSLR, I would think.

Fred