Yeah, it would be great if you could buy a camera and not have to contend
with upgrading your software. The idea of just picking up the camera and
making a few shots without additional worries or concerns is very
appealing.  Over on the Photoshop User-to-User forum people are frequently
lamenting that they've purchased a camera but that Adobe doesn't yet
support the format.  Sure, there are often work-arounds, but that can be
annoying and at least somewhat time consuming.

Shel