Aaaargh...Just got the replacement Epson R2400 printer just to experience that this one also give horizontal stripes (paper in portrait position), although not as pronounced as the first one. Everything is different from when I had the first sample: the software is new, printer driver is new, the printer is new, I use a new scanner. I've tried all kinds of DPI settings (BTW why do Nikon insist that I set the DPI at 360 on a 4000DPI scanner?). Paper selection is correct. Yes, I run the cleaning and head adjustment procedures to no effect. What is going on? It cannot be rocket science to get decent prints from printer, or is it? Anyway, I'm not that impressed with the whole setup; apart from the stripes the Nikon 9000 scanner and the R2400 printer gives only borderline photo quality prints at best. Maybe its just my standards thats to high.

Pål