On Feb 10, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Pål Jensen wrote:

Nothing mythical about my lenses. I have the 645 - K adapter and compare the lenses with K mount lenses of similar focal lenght on a K mount body. Both the FA645 45/2.8 and standard lens 75/2.8, which Swdish test performed by Hasselblad claims are just as good as the Carl Zeiss 80mm for the Hasselblad, are about K mount consumer zoom quality. Lenses like the FA645 120/4 Macro is up along the best short K mount telephotos; indistinguishable from the A* 135/1.8 lens.

Depends on the lens. The 80mm f/2.8 Planar, for example, that Rollei uses in their medium format TLR cameras is also offered in rangefinder coupled mount for Leica type cameras. It has been rated as the best lens in the 75 to 90mm focal length available in Leica mount. Medium format/35mm, same lens. Excellent for both.

I used to use my 50, 80, 120, 180 and 300 mm Carl Zeiss Jena lenses on my 35mm cameras via Zörkendorfer adapters and got exceptional results. I have more recently used them on my EOS 10D and also gotten excellent results.

I've used 50, 75 and 150 Mamiya lenses from my 645PRO system on 35mm, also via Zörkendorfer adapters, also with excellent results.

I have not shot with Pentax 645 lenses, so maybe they aren't as good as CZJ or Mamiya. In the days when I used Pentax 67, I used some of the longer lenses on 35mm as well, and they were certainly up to the task.

Bob