> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I read a great science-fiction novel years, and years, and years ago, that
> I've been trying to find ever since. Well, well, well before NAFTA, well
> before
> this was even conceived of. I'd say at least 20 years ago, maybe even longer.
>
> Well, it wasn't that well-written, as I recall, but the ideas were starling
> and an eye opener. And ever since, as time has gone on, I feel it has become
> more and more prophetic. I wish I knew what the name of it was, maybe it was
> short story. Some have written the same idea since, but it was the first one
> do so as far as I know.
>
> The idea was - in the future there are no nations, only corporations, and all
> allegiance is to those corporations. People are citizens of corporations, not
> nations.

One of the best being "Do androids dream of electric sheep?"   AKA
"Bladerunner".

I'll have to think a bit about which one might be the one you are thinking
about.

I am in the same boat as you regarding _my_ favourite "prophecy" novel.  It
postulates that the Reformation never occured and the world is still ruled by
the Catholic
church.  _That_ prospect is scary.....

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software