On Feb 14, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm in the proccess of working the fund raiser Raw files. I open each one individually in PS EL 3, with next to do adjustments from the auto proccess
except for a little exposure tweak, send to
the editor, fix any red eye, and save as high end jpg for the performers.

Any way to automate this or is raw, one step at a time.
BTW i have CS on the ibook. If EL3 has nothing toautomate, does CS.

RAWShooter Essentials. It's free:
http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawshooter_essentials.asp
Quite intuitive to use.

RAWShooter Essentials is only available for Windows.

PSE3 does not have much in the way of workflow automation available.

Photoshop CS and Camera Raw 2.4 can handle PEF from both D and DS bodies, and it can also be automated to batch render large numbers of files easily. I don't have a Windows system so I cannot say this with first-hand credibility, but from all I've seen Camera Raw does a better job of RAW conversion than RSE.

If you want to learn how to do this efficiently, PLEASE go buy and read Bruce Fraser's "Real World Camera Raw with Photoshop CS". It will save you a tremendous amount of time.

The update to CS2 is also well worth the money for this sort of endeavor. The new Bridge companion application does a much more capable job of automation in the RAW workflow and Camera Raw v3.x has new, far more capable features than Camera Raw 2.x. My recommendation is to go for both the upgrade and the second edition of Bruce's book, "Real World Camera Raw with Photoshop CS2".

I process about 300-400 images a week with this software, mostly automated up to the final finishing steps, on an iMac G4 20" similar in performance to your iBook...

Godfrey