Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:
On 2006-02-16, at 21:37, Adam Maas wrote:

I've got a ~1965 era M42 lens mounted quite nicely on my EOS 3. I can also put most every F mount lens on it with an adaptor (Which I own), Contax/Yashica, Olympus OM and Leica R glass (with adaptors that I don't own), all support Aperture priority and metered manual (without resorting to pressing a buttion to get a readout or set shutter speed), and of course I can Cotty-ize K mount lenses. Even more mounts have been adapted to 4/3rds mount cameras.

But they are all useable only in stop down metering, that's not as convenient as open aperture metering on Pentax with K-mount lenses. Now that's only a matter of photographer's habbits. If he used to use open apertures - that's no problem. If he used to stop down - it becomes tedious to stop down-open aperture actions to switch between shooting and focusing.

--
Best regards
Sylwek

Exactly the same as any 25 year old lens on a Pentax DSLR, except you don't have to hit any buttons and Aperture priority works properly. It's only KA and later lenses that do full aperture metering on Pentax DSLR's.

-Adam
Who used to use several K/M and M42 lenses on his *istD, and now uses F and M42 lenses on his EOS.