> From: "Kenneth Waller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Most major auto manufacturers have been sued with sudden accel as the
> allegation.

I've experienced this with a couple of vehicles.  As far as I could ascertain,
it was a function of the fuel delivery system to deliver excess fuel if the
catalytic converter temperature fell below a threshhold.  The unburnt fuel
reacted in the cat and raised the temperature - a byproduct was a small surge
in acceleration, rather like the one you feel when the injectors kick back in
on the overrun to generate idle speed but much more prolonged and at any
throttle opening.

mike

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software