----- Original Message ----- From: "Jens Bladt"
Subject: SV: Interesting marketing

Why do sales people hate Pentax?
I could never figure that out. I guess they get paid less??

It's not that they hate Pentax, it's more that the Nikons and Canons have more market appeal. These are the brands that the pros use.
This makes the brand more appealing. If the pros use it, it must be good.
Consequently, it's an easier sell.
This discounts spiff programs and manufacturer generated sales commissions, which can give one brand a leg up over the other, since a good spiff is an incentive to sell a certain product. Since any camera will do pretty much the same job as any camera in it's segment, it behoves salemen to sell what they can sell quickly, spend as little time as possible with the customer and get them out the door. If they spend too much time with a customer, they are potentially losing sales by keeping other customers waiting.

This is especially a problem with big box retailers.

William Robb