On Feb 19, 2006, at 5:34 PM, Mishka wrote:

you mean "fair use"?

best,
mishka

Fair use is quoting a small portion of an article for the purposes of critique or review. The only fair use exemption for complete articles is narrowly defined for bona fide educational institutions.

Copying and distributing a complete article, or other copyright protected work, is a violation of copyright law, even if no financial gain is involved.

I live by the copyrights on my works, so it really bothers me to see copyright treated in a cavalier manner, particularly on a photography list.

What's wrong with those interested getting their own copies of the magazine so the authors can make their livings?

Bob