On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Bob Walkden wrote:

> > Why not combine spot and matrix with OTF? Should be possible.
>
> a spot meter would require an exposure lock, which is incompatible
> with real-time metering.

How is it incompatible?  When the exposure lock is activated, the camera
stores whatever value the meter is currently reading in its memory, then
uses that value until the lock is turned off, at which time it reverts to
OTF metering.  You'd lose OTF metering if you lock the exposure (just like
you do in manual exposure mode anyway), but I don't see why one camera
can't offer both options.

chris