You can get two of the new Pentax for the price of one 5D. Or you could make a sizable down payment on the 645D, which apparently will be much higher spec than the 5D.
On Feb 23, 2006, at 11:35 PM, Tom C wrote:

I was comparing it to that, largely because if I was going to make a jump, it wouldn't be a small one.

Tom C.

From: Christian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Lens Road Map revised
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:31:47 -0500

Tom C wrote:

I don't see how you can call it "under-spec'd" compared to Canon (especially without seeing it's specs). You cannot compare it to the 5D. That's a whole other animal.

You're right in a sense.  Except that's what I was comparing it to.

Tom C.

You can only compare it to the 5D if it has a full-35mm-sized sensor. It doesn't so the only fair comparison is 20D/30D and D200. That's Pentax's target. Not the full-frame market. Apples-oranges.

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net