On Feb 25, 2006, at 1:27 PM, Kevin Waterson wrote:

This one time, at band camp, Aaron Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Feb 25, 2006, at 4:16 PM, Kevin Waterson wrote:

Or is 35mm now the realm of other manfacturers?

Is it the realm of *any* manufacturers now? Film sales are so sluggish even compared to two years ago that I would be stunned if there was any
kind of market at all for new 35mm SLRs.

I refer also to 35mm digital, not just film

There's no such thing as "35mm digital".

There is such a thing as a digital sensor with dimensions of 24x36mm. Canon makes two of them now, with a minimum price at present around $3200, plus or minus, for the body. It is safest to assume that it will be a while at least before such large sensors are approachable in cameras targeted at the under $1000 price class, but it may never be necessary to do so given the continuing improvements in sensor quality for noise and pixel density.

Godfrey